When planning your tattoo, you might want to consider the following:
SIZE - We have a theory in the tattoo world that big is definitely beautiful. Basically, this simply means, go as big as your dare – The reason being that your tattoo will look better for longer, the bigger it is – simple!
COST - Getting a tattoo is a serious commitment and should not be taken lightly. Once you’ve decided what you want (and how big and where!) DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THE PRICE!! If the cost comes out slightly higher than you thought, go home and save up, your body is definitely worth that extra £50-60, so get what you want not what you can afford!
PAIN -The pain involved in the tattooing process is not nice – but neither is it unbearable, if you really want the tattoo, the pain won’t be a factor. Ignore all the horror stories you may have heard, being tattooed is a personal experience that is different for everybody, you’ll probably be surprised and wonder what all the fuss is about!!! Remember, pain is fleeting - ink is forever.
Also, a few other considerations before you come for your sitting:
BE ON TIME!
MAKE SURE YOU'VE EATEN - Getting tattooed on an empty stomach can make you feel dizzy or a bit sick sometimes (bring a soft drink and some sweets with you, they can help to raise blood sugar levels if you become faint)
DO NOT have an excess amount of alcohol or other intoxicating substance the night before your appointment, it can greatly affect the outcome of your tattoo and of your tattooing experience.
BE CLEAN - Have a shower and deodorise, we do not tattoo “the unclean”.
DO NOT BRING CHILDREN - We cannot be responsible for child care, no-one under 18 is allowed in the upstairs work area.
PLEASE DON'T ASK how to get started in this business. It is not the “done” thing within the industry to give information and advice to anyone wishing to tattoo for themselves. (Apart from – get an apprenticeship).
FRIENDLY WARNING - Tattoos are ADDICTIVE!
- On returning home remove dressing and wash the tattoo in warm soapy water.
- Pat dry (don’t rub) and allow to air dry for about 5 minutes.
- Apply a thin layer of BEPANTHEN cream (nappy rash cream available at most chemists and supermarkets).
- Re-wrap in cling film for the duration of the day.
- Repeat these steps before going to bed and then sleep in cling film (this not only protects your new tattoo from dust and dirt but also protects your bed sheets from tattoo ink – it never washes out!)
- In the morning wash and dry your tattoo and apply more BEPANTHEN. Re-apply cling film and repeat for the next week.
- If you’re not using cling film to heal your tattoo continue to moisturise with BEPANTHEN, if your tattoo starts to scab stop moisturising as this will get under the scab and you may loose ink.
- Don’t pick your tattoo, even if it scabs.
- Don’t go swimming for 2-3 weeks.
- Don’t use any other product to moisturise.
- Don’t use a sun bed for 4 weeks.
- Treat as a wound i.e. keep it clean
- Any problems give us a call - 0161 484 5999